Please note that each category of membership explains the requirement however, the AWTE will accept all female and male travel professionals as members or who aspire to be and wish to progress in their chosen field. Working within the following areas.
transportation companies, tour operators, tourist offices, conference/incentive organisers, tourist attractions, cruise lines, hotels and their representatives, travel agencies (business and retail), and
journalists, PR consultants, travel marketing, lawyers insurance, recruitment, college lecturers and trainers, providing 80% of work is based in the travel sector.
For over 60 years the AWTE has given our members a support network, a voice and personal and professional development to progress themselves and their businesses.
We are committed to our continued success and are always looking for new opportunities and benefits for our members.
Individual Membership costs £80 plus. Annual Membership is renewed on 1 April. Individual Membership is for one female or male professional working within travel, tourism, hospitality or leisure.
Individual Membership gives you one vote at our annual general meeting, a listing on our members database, access to other members through the database, use of the AWTE logo, attendance at our events at member rates and free networking opportunities.
• AWTE Insights… professional online sessions focused on providing an insight into various topics which will assist your business or career progression.
• An Audience with... motivational events with special guests
• Access to members through the AWTE database, where you may identify potential clients, partners and suppliers.
• Breakfast, lunch and evening sessions – to help you maximise your membership without compromising your time in the “day job".
• Free networking sessions – held regularly to draw on the advice and experience of other members who are passionate about our industry as well as increasing business opportunities.
• Present at industry events – in addition to inviting members to present at AWTE events, we work closely with main industry bodies who may contact us for speaker recommendations.
• AWTE Annual Christmas Lunch – priority tickets to the legendary annual industry event of the year. Celebrate the year, festive season and all our clients, contacts and friends.
• Annual General Meeting – have a say in how AWTE is run – the AGM gives members the opportunity to stand for a place on the board, find out about our finances and achievements and vote for the new board.
• Social media coverage – participate in our online forums via LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter; share your views, ask for advice, help us build the reputation of AWTE!
• Weekly members’ newsletter (FRU!) – to keep you updated and informed.
• Press coverage – AWTE has good relationships with the industry press who regularly cover our events and seek opinion pieces on relevant subjects.
• Benevolent Fund – helps members in times of hardship.
We believe all women can embrace who they are,
can define their future, and can change the world.