Please note that each category of membership explains the requirement however, the AWTE will accept female members who are in a management position and aspire to progress in their chosen field, and who work within the following fields.
transportation companies, tour operators, tourist offices, conference/incentive organisers, tourist attractions, cruise lines, hotels and their representatives, travel agencies (business and retail), and
journalists, PR consultants, travel marketing, lawyers insurance, recruitment, college lecturers and trainers, providing 80% of work is based in the travel sector.
AWTE has been supporting women in business for 60 years. We are proud of our success and heritage and are always looking for new opportunities and benefits for our members.
As we enter a new era we would like to give Companies recognition for supporting Women in Business and in April 2012 launched our new Company Membership. This category allows for up to three people within the Company: one named female manager, who will be the Lead Member plus two additional members from the same company (male or female) who are in a management position.
Company Membership costs £200 plus a one-off joining fee of £60 (all prices exc VAT). Annual membership is renewed on 1 April.
Company Membership delivers one vote from the Lead Member, a listing on our members database, access to other members through the database, use of the AWTE logo with the strapline
“Supporting Women in Business”, attendance at our events at member rates and free networking opportunities for ALL three Company members.
• AWTE Presents An audience with… – professional development sessions focused on providing and insight into the journey taken by Business Leaders that will assist you business or career progression.
• Access to members – through the AWTE database, where you may identify potential clients, partners and suppliers.
• Breakfast, lunch and evening sessions – to help you maximise your membership without compromising your time in the “day job".
• Free networking sessions – held regularly to draw on the advice and experience of other members who are passionate about our industry as well as increasing business opportunities.
• AWTE Annual Awards – an annual event to recognise publicly the outstanding women in our sector who have made a difference.
• Annual General Meeting – have a say in how AWTE is run – the AGM gives members the opportunity to stand for a place on the board, find out about our finances and achievements and vote for the new board. The AGM is followed by an opportunity to network.
• Social media coverage – participate in our online forums via LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter; share your views, ask for advice, help us build the reputation of AWTE!
• Present at industry events – in addition to inviting members to present at AWTE events, we work closely with main industry bodies who may contact us for speaker recommendations.
• Weekly members’ newsletter – to keep you updated and informed.
• Press coverage – AWTE has good relationships with the industry press who regularly cover our events and seek opinion pieces on relevant subjects.
• Mentoring Programme – supporting junior women within our industry and creating a pipeline for the future.
• Benevolent Fund – helps members in times of hardship.
We believe all women can embrace who they are,
can define their future, and can change the world.