Nominations are now open for the annual 2019 AWTE Awards
Nominations are now open for the annual AWTE Awards where we celebrate the achievement of AWTE members over the last 12 months.
The finalists will be selected by a panel of travel industry judges from the nominations put forward. A shortlist will be announced at the beginning of September and the winners will be announced at the AWTE Awards Evening on the 23rd September 2019, with headline sponsor The Travel Network Group.
Last year, we introduced the Ambassador Award, celebrating our male colleagues, who actively encourage and support female employees within their business. To add to that, this year we are introducing our Rising Star Award to recognise new and upcoming talent in our industry.
Please take time to nominate yourself, a deserving colleague or someone you admire, as well as a company that you believe really supports women with their career in the industry so that AWTE can publicly recognise their contribution.
At our 60th Anniversary, in 2014, we published a list of 60 influential women in the industry. We now add further names each year to that roll call of most influential women, so please also nominate a woman that you would like to join that honours list.
Nominations for all 5 Awards and the 60for60 honours list can be completed on the form below and should be returned to email@example.com.
You can also nominate using our online form here
Please note – You do not need to nominate in every category, just those you wish to.
Deadline for nominations is 16th August 2019.
Please provide your nominations for the following categories:
- AWTE Honorary Award (In memory of Joan Richardson) – the nominee must be an AWTE member who has contributed significantly to the association or the travel industry specifically over the past 12 months.
- Business Impact Award – can be any female in the travel, tourism and hospitality sector who has shown great innovation and made an impact in her role – either as an employee or her own business – and as a result positively impacted her business/and or the industry.
- Company Award – A company in the travel industry who has shown that they support and are committed to equality on their board and within their management structure. Allowing women to reach their potential within the company and impact the business, or the industry with the company’s support.
- Ambassador Award – Celebrating our male colleagues who actively encourage, enable and support women in business.
- Rising Star Award – for any female under the age of 30, in the travel, tourism and hospitality sector who has shown great innovation and made an impact in her role and as a result positively impacted her business/and or the industry.
- Most influential women in the travel, tourism and hospitality industry honour list – any female in the travel, tourism and hospitality sector who you feel should be recognised for their contribution to the industry. Please let us know why you feel that this woman should take her place on the honours list. We are looking at their influence,
contribution and impact as well as their progressive career and leadership