Please note that each category of membership explains the requirement however, the AWTE will accept female members who are in a management position and aspire to progress in their chosen field, and who work within the following fields.
transportation companies, tour operators, tourist offices, conference/incentive organisers, tourist attractions, cruise lines, hotels and their representatives, travel agencies (business and retail), and
journalists, PR consultants, travel marketing, lawyers insurance, recruitment, college lecturers and trainers, providing 80% of work is based in the travel sector.
Associate members are women who previously played a major part in the AWTE during their working lives and have now retired. All were prominent women holding senior positions in the travel industry. Associate membership provides an opportunity for you to stay in touch after full time work and to network with like-minded people.
Associate members may attend all of our events at member rate.
Associate membership costs £32.40 including VAT. Annual membership is renewed on 1 April.
• AWTE Presents An audience with… – professional development sessions focused on providing and insight into the journey taken by Business Leaders that will assist you business or career progression.
• Access to members – through the AWTE database, where you may identify potential clients, partners and suppliers.
• Breakfast, lunch and evening sessions – to help you maximise your membership without compromising your time in the “day job".
• Free networking sessions – held regularly to draw on the advice and experience of other members who are passionate about our industry as well as increasing business opportunities.
• AWTE Annual Awards – an annual event to recognise publicly the outstanding women in our sector who have made a difference.
• Annual General Meeting – have a say in how AWTE is run – the AGM gives members the opportunity to stand for a place on the board, find out about our finances and achievements and vote for the new board. The AGM is followed by an opportunity to network.
• Social media coverage – participate in our online forums via LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter; share your views, ask for advice, help us build the reputation of AWTE!
• Present at industry events – in addition to inviting members to present at AWTE events, we work closely with main industry bodies who may contact us for speaker recommendations.
• Weekly members’ newsletter – to keep you updated and informed.
• Press coverage – AWTE has good relationships with the industry press who regularly cover our events and seek opinion pieces on relevant subjects.
• Mentoring Programme – supporting junior women within our industry and creating a pipeline for the future.
• Benevolent Fund – helps members in times of hardship.
We believe all women can embrace who they are,
can define their future, and can change the world.