Please note that each category of membership explains the requirement however, the AWTE will accept female and male professionals who work within the following fields.
transportation companies, tour operators, tourist offices, conference/incentive organisers, tourist attractions, cruise lines, hotels and their representatives, travel agencies (business and retail), and
journalists, PR consultants, travel marketing, lawyers insurance, recruitment, college lecturers and trainers, providing 80% of work is based in the travel sector.
Associate members are female or male professionals who previously played a major part in the AWTE during their working lives and have now retired or former travel trade employees (not retired).
Associate membership provides an opportunity for you to stay in touch and to network with like-minded people.
Associate members may attend all of our events at member rate.
Associate membership costs £35 plus VAT. Annual membership is renewed on 1 April.
• AWTE Insights… professional online sessions focused on providing an insight into various topics which will assist your business or career progression.
• An Audience with... motivational events with special guests
• Access to members through the AWTE database, where you may identify potential clients, partners and suppliers.
• Breakfast, lunch and evening sessions – to help you maximise your membership without compromising your time in the “day job".
• Free networking sessions – held regularly to draw on the advice and experience of other members who are passionate about our industry as well as increasing business opportunities.
• Present at industry events – in addition to inviting members to present at AWTE events, we work closely with main industry bodies who may contact us for speaker recommendations.
• AWTE Annual Christmas Lunch – priority tickets to the legendary annual industry event of the year. Celebrate the year, festive season and all our clients, contacts and friends.
• Annual General Meeting – have a say in how AWTE is run – the AGM gives members the opportunity to stand for a place on the board, find out about our finances and achievements and vote for the new board.
• Social media coverage – participate in our online forums via LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter; share your views, ask for advice, help us build the reputation of AWTE!
• Weekly members’ newsletter (FRU!) – to keep you updated and informed.
• Press coverage – AWTE has good relationships with the industry press who regularly cover our events and seek opinion pieces on relevant subjects.
• Benevolent Fund – helps members in times of hardship.
We believe all women can embrace who they are,
can define their future, and can change the world.